I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pajama Pants

Such a funny thing....several years ago 
(like maybe 2 or 3) 
I told my friend Marilyn...
flannel pajama pants will be my legacy to my children.
  They will be cleaning out stuff
 (which they haven't yet burned)
 and discover a little pile of pajama pants.
  Pajamas tucked here and there which I made because I had to and then hadn't gotten around to giving them yet.
I had been pulling out flannel for a project 
every piece was just a bit too  small, yet
too big to throw away.

She laughed
 and we giggled
 and that silly thought
 has been niggling about in my brain...

Pajama pants.
  For birthdays this year I made Pajama Pants,
 for everyone
 (I still have a few to make),
 but I pulled out flannels,
which I already had and made Pajama Pants.
Necessity, the mother of invention.

Some of the pajamas I knew would not be favorites,
 but they made me smile as I made them
 as well as have caused the occasional giggle every now and then...
  Some I fretted over
 and worried 
Just for Tia
and others I just made!

Well the other day I had/have a special order for 4 gowns which need a bit larger piece of flannel for each.  I was determined to find the flannel
which would be perfect, of course,
 in my flannel stash...I have an entire box full of flannels for the holidays.
  I knew there would be
 just what I needed in there  and
I remembered an extra large piece with snowflakes...

I got down on the floor
 (does not happen very often
and dug through this holiday flannel box.
  As I was digging I would pull out a piece,
 perfect..
Then I would open it up
 to discover it was not nearly as big as I needed it to be.
  Frustrating would be the most applicable word right about now.

Then, I started giggling
 as I thought of all of the pajama pants
 I could make out of these bits and pieces of flannel.
  Not big enough for a gown or a pajama set,
 not the right type of print for an accent piece or a way cute sleeve?
 Done,
into the pajama pant pile it went.
  I then took the pile to the big table, and
 cut out 14 pairs of pajama pants.
Most of them are a size 2 to 3, I do have a bunch of 1's, and there is not too many 4's or 5's and definitely no 6's.
  The scraps were tossed except for the pieces which I cut 2 1/2 inches wide for a Christmas Quilt which
 is swirling around in my mind.
My box is no longer overflowing,
 I have a stack of flannels cut and ready (of course, I will need tons more) and pajama pants have been made.

Does anyone remember these?
The funny thing is,
 while I was digging and  looking
I ran across a couple of pairs of pajama pants already made... 
and then I found a couple more which were almost finished.
   Smiles and giggles and
 a secret bit of joy...

I wonder if my kids would like fun pajama pants again this year?

1 comment:

  1. You had to put up those purple one's with Princess stuff all over?
    Yes I remember the brown ones with snowflakes though I don't think I ever owned any I'm pretty sure Chase did.

    ReplyDelete

Followers