I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Project for the Beach Cottage Room....

Here I am, working on project after project
and truly enjoying my time right now.

My daughter and family moved out of my basement
(sad, but happy day for them)
as I was doing a look around
I decided the paint needed a little fix up in the bedroom. 

Project for this week, paint the top half of the bedroom.  I changed the color a bit, not nearly as intense of deep antique gold, but still the same feel Hope had established before when she chose the color.  Ready to reassemble the bed (which also received a fresh coat of paint), and put the room together.  

While yard "saling" the other day 
I discovered an antique looking knock off table.  
I am really excited to start this project 
because I am going to use it in this same bedroom, 
with an antique mirror above it 
and I don't know what else.


However, this is not what I am excited about.  
This is what I am excited about...




I found this at DI and thought it works for my plan. 
 A bit taller than an end table, has that rather cool second shelf and a drawer...it also is a nice rectangle in shape.
  Should work for the bedroom redo which is in my head, but not underway.
  Right now, I am gathering.  Gathering for me is fun, it is the time when I look for "things" which will be wonderful for the upcoming project.
(This happens to make my children crazy
 because sometimes I "gather" for years before the project ever gets started!)



After looking at the table for a bit, my son Chase determined it was an "abortion", just bits and pieces of who knows what knocked together into a table.  For me, I thought, "perfect".  Exactly what I want for my Beach Cottage Re-Do Master Bedroom Plan.
  
I started by stripping off the poorly applied black spray paint, runs everywhere and discovered the table was made from cherry wood.  It did have several "knicks" and "owies" however, so I filled them, then sanded them, wiped them down and painted the table. 

I even had a bit of coppery spray paint which I used to accent the "tips" of the table legs. Chase then informed me to put a layer of varnish on top.  This I did.  However, my varnish was rather old (as in extremely) so I now have the "interesting" glaze effect on my table.  The drawer was old enough I had to "dig" for the handle.  But, I think it really works.  The handle came from a re-purpose store.  OK, I know you want to know what the finished product looks like!  

So here it is...
My new nightstand for the Beach Cottage Room!


I think
 it looks
 rather nice
 and
 I am
 pretty sure
 it
 will be
 perfect
 beside my bed.

Now do you want to know about the cost? 
  • Table $10
  • Drawer Pull .50
  • Ocean Breeze Spray Paint 3.27 x 2
  • White Spray Paint 3.77
  • Screws for the Pull .38
  • Old Dead Varnish....no charge!
So, I spent a bit
Before, didn't even have a handle!
 over $21.00 for this way cool,

After, ready for the Beach Cottage Room






 gonna be absolutely perfect night stand!
If you were wondering about the legs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers