I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break?

Here it is Spring Break!

For years Spring Break was a time for two things...
skipping away for a mini vacation which would be unbelievable or
 cleaning out every single room the children inhabited.
  Dusting and polishing,
 tossing and putting away
 or basic cleaning and packing,
 planning and anticipating.

Not this year...
this year was/is enjoying time with Scarlet and Tyler,
 replacing the washing machine,
 Hope's Birthday
 and....Yep, that's right, not anything.
  I might fix Hope's pants today, I will be doing some more laundry,
 I would love to clean/paint something, but most likely not.

Hope is definitely
 having the most lame Spring Break ever.
  I think this is one of the things not so fun when you are the baby.
  
However,
 she could of just as easily messed up any vacate plans we had
 by getting a job.
  Hmmmmmmmmm, can I place the blame of non-plans onto Hope?
  Yep, I think so.
  No way can she start a job
 and then immediately ask for time off so she can vacate.
  So everyone, it is HOPE's fault we are at home. 
 I even thought perhaps we could do another quick trip to Vegas to finish up a few things.  But, honestly, no.  
I can't even fit in a quick trip with Hope to St. George.  
I could have yesterday,
 however, it was her birthday
 and I didn't want to "drag" her everywhere
 so she could complain years from now...

 (instead I wasn't here for breakfast,
 didn't see her at lunch,
 wasn't home when she returned,
 and said, "what? there isn't anything left over in the fridge to eat?")

  That's right, she did NOT have one thing made for her
 except a wonderfully colorful batch of cupcakes (thanks Brice and Erica)
 and then a sinfully delightful 4 layer stacked chocolate cake from Costco.

We did sing Happy Birthday however,
 she did complain
 it wasn't as painfully off key as it usually is.

Here we are,
 Happy Spring Break!
  Yes, we are staying at home,
 no we aren't "super" cleaning,
 and we definitely have no new projects going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers