I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Rain and Cinnamon Rolls

So Sunday my girls start saying to me...

"Hey Mom, will you make cinnamon rolls today?"

"NO, it isn't raining"
"Can't you make them anyway?"  
Of course I can.  But, do I really want to make them.  Not really.  Occasionally I will make cinnamon rolls just because I want to.  Sometimes when someone asks, but usually when it rains.  I don't mean just a sprinkle, or maybe it looks like it might rain.  But when it really rains.  I love the rain.  If I feed my kids Cinnamon Rolls when it rains, perhaps they will learn to love the rain as well.  (What I really should do is make something special when the wind blows...however, I would be making something special almost everyday then).

When we came home, I went and looked at the weather site.  No rain for 5 days.  Ok, I am off of the hook for cinnamon rolls.  I made homemade fudge sauce to go with yummy homemade brownies.  A special enough treat.  Then my girls kept asking for cinnamon rolls...I replied with "is it raining?"

I actually thought to myself "I wonder if they will team tag it and grab the hose to water down the front/back of the house and tell me "See, it IS raining".  However, they didn't.  They just smiled and winked and every now and then grinned.  
Yesterday was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, birds were singing, no wind.  Completely lovely.  We played "ball" in the yard, did back flips, played tag, rode on bikes, jumped; some of us even picked up a bit of sun.

Late last evening I walked outside to let the dog out and to look at the stars for a bit...no stars.  In fact, the sky was a bit patchy with clouds...quite a few of them.  Hmmmmm.  And of course I think of the grins, and smiles, and knowing winks I caught glimpses of earlier in the day.

This morning I get up to let the "needy" dog out, as I am letting him out the front sidewalk is a bit wet.  I think to myself, "so who was the wiseguy that watered down the sidewalk?"
I look a bit closer and that "wet" goes all over the sidewalk and porch.  Not only that, but the road has a glistening shine of "wet" as well.

Those darn girls prayed for rain so we could have cinnamon rolls.
  No, it isn't raining like I usually require...the clouds aren't imminently ominous and hanging dark and heavy and low.  But, rain was the requirement, rain was plotted and planned for and here I am....on my way to make cinnamon rolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers