I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Shabby Chic Summer


Every now and again I find a piece of fabric that just creates itself in my mind... This is one of those pieces. Today, I finished up this shabby chic summer dress for a 3 to 6 month old little girl. I really like the light, airy feel of the fabric and the simple embroidered motif border at the hem. The medium pink and coral"y" orange design is accented nicely with the green leaves. The design was simple, the fabric just needed to be put together simply as well. A tiny bit of lace at the edge of the armhole ruffle and around the bloomer legs was all of the embellishment I did. I think this turned out real nice and it makes me think of "Shabby Chic" home decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers