I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Garbage Work...


I hate garbage work...
I really, really do.
You all know what garbage work is...
if I didn't fix it, you would throw it in the garbage.
Hence the name, garbage work.

Perhaps I should call it "saving" work,
or "upcycling" work (that certainly seems to be a catch phrase right now),
or perhaps "returning" work.
Returning loved ones to their family--
it almost always has to be a zipper in those fav jeans.


Garbage work takes me just a few minutes-
maybe half an hour or so, but
I usually need to thread both of my machines for every project...
time, time, time.
I really haven't "produced" anything of true value,
so I don't receive my "look what I did" reward.

However,
Garbage work
always brings me a big smile,
sometimes even a hug,
and almost always a "your the best, mom".
So perhaps garbage work isn't so bad, after all...I am recycling!



Just a thought, is this how men feel after they finish something on the "honey do" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers