I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chauffering


There are days when
I feel like a chauffeur...
take this one to school, pick this one up from work, feed, then back to work, run the movies back, pick up my hubby, get the one from school, return my hubby, go to the store, go to the bank, (maybe the other way around),
go to the post office, run to the other store, take this one to practice, pick the same one up from practice, go to a meeting, come back from a meeting, take one on an errand, go to the store (for everything forgotten), run to this child's home, drop something off, come back home, pick this one up from work again and wait till they are ready to go to their other job...
and please, don't forget ...
go to the gas station.
Perhaps I don't feel so much like a chauffeur,
I think their customers would have a little polish and class,
definitely not a bus driver, they can take more than one person at a time.
I can rarely do that, it is always as I return home I find someone who needed to go almost exactly where I was just at, they just weren't ready.
Maybe, more like a taxi driver,
you most definitely don't have to be nice as a rider,
don't even need to say thank you...and a tip? Not hardly.
Being a taxi driver for my family enables me to have a forced, trapped, one on one with the individual for pretty much as long as I am driving
(sometimes I will go around the block if I need to),
I have the opportunity to catch up, chat, and find out
what is happening in their lives at that moment, consequently,
they may really want to think about if they want mom to pick them up,
take them somewhere
or maybe they could ride a bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers