I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Numbers


Does anyone realize how much we use numbers everyday?
When did you get up? numbers
How many do you want? numbers
What did you do that for? numbers
How long did it take you? numbers
You said, "It costs how much?" numbers
How is it outside? numbers and windy
What to bake this cake on? numbers
How late are you going to be? numbers

Needless to say, I got to help count inventory yesterday,
hence no complete project,
but lots of numbers....
we always begin with one, but every now and again it is zero!

Zero bins are the funnest, look inside and well, nothing. ZERO!
Nothing to count, look at, or anything...Just Zero.

So, as I was counting (and trying not to lose my place), I thought of all the different ways we use numbers...
actually I didn't think of all of the ways, but I was thinking...
children, money, time, temperature, disciplining, how many, measuring, distance (they don't run a marathon from the old bridge, around the new cabinet shop and over by the city golf course, finish line is of course, where the old red barn used to be before it burned down).
We measure so we know exactly how to describe what we are talking about. Right now, I am talking about lots and lots, millions perhaps (number again) of numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers