I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hot Chaos


Organized chaos that is sweaty.
My description of a wrestling meet...
One gym, almost door to door with wrestling mats...
what feels like thousands of people,
but isn't, crammed in...
boys, little to big, everywhere...
and lots and lots of Dads, brothers, grandpas, cousins, uncles
(actually I think wrestling is more male than football)...all yelling, cajoling, loving, encouraging, hurrying, watching, "ref"ing, advising, eating, waiting, drinking, coaching, hugging, scoring, whispering, shoe tying, observing, teaching...boys.
Lots and lots of boys
in little singlet things, gym shorts, t-shirts, sweats running around till it is their turn.
8 matches to watch at once!
How can you do that? They reach, grab, throw, roll, pin, trip, spin, stand up, sit down, crawl...
all while everyone is yelling at them to do something...win...fight...work hard...don't quit...
All of that noise, and all of those bodies, and all of that energy....
needless to say...sweaty, hot, sauna,
and kind of smelly, too.


Great job Brans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers