I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Sad



Crying is for babies right?
Not right.
I think crying is for when your baby grows up.
We are a bit happy, yet sad when the baby can finally sit up on their own,
then we are happy, yet sad when the baby can walk,
again happy sad, the first day we take them to school and leave them for maybe half a day,
then...oh no, they are gone for the whole day.
Once again happy sad.
We watch them go through all different stages in their lives, for us sleep overs, friends, camp outs, going from kindergarten to elementary, then on to intermediate (good heavens, that school is big...our baby is sure to get lost), then the shift once again to middle school or junior high,
then it is even more happy sad... they go to practice and lessons and friends and you just aren't as needed anymore. Then on to high school and college and marriage and families and life...
Again happy sad...
Well, my baby passed a milestone yesterday..
Happy sad...16, driving, dating,
definitely more independent (which is hard to believe).
You teach for the moment, for them to be successful, for them to be confident, for them to be happy. So we get the happy sads
as we celebrate their natural progression through life.
Happy sad, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers