I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tuesdays


I know it isn't Tuesday,
but yesterday was.
I like Tuesdays...
Tuesdays are my day to get together
with my friend.

Years ago,like probably 30,
we would get together on Tuesdays and work on projects together.
We would load our sewing machines, children and lunch up in the red wagon and head off down/up the street to each others' homes.
Then our children would play, fight, eat, watch a movie, and take a nap
while we visited, worked on our projects, and visited some more.
Lunch was provided by the home where we were at. Sometimes P B & J, mac and cheese, or tuna, occasionally leftover spaghetti or grilled cheese (pre ramen and microwave days).
Sometimes, there would be 3 of us... sometimes more, but mostly just two.
We would work on a mini lesson, a family surprise,
teach each other something we had discovered or learned how to do,
or Christmas. Sometimes we would paint, sometimes we would do nothing.

We kind of lost Tuesdays
as we both went to work and had other things that were keeping us busy,
but a few years went by and we started up again.
Yesterday was Tuesday, my friend and I got together (as we usually do),
we talked, designed a new pattern, had lunch together,
ran a couple of errands with each other, and worked on some sewing.

Sometimes she knits, sometimes we look at design magazines together,
sometimes we shop, occasionally we are on a quest,

but usually we spend the day together doing whatever we want
and always enjoying our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers