I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Monday, March 28, 2011

So much to chat about!

Let me see, a phone call at 10 p.m. led to this statement. "I won first place!!!, I pinned everyone...I got a big medal." Way to go Brans. Fantastic to finish up the season with a first place win.

Another 10 a.m. phone call led to this statement. "Madi is running in the marathon, come at 11 and watch her finish!", out into the rain we went to watch her "finish". She came running in with a great big smile on her face and all of her cousins cheering her on. Wonderful run Madi!!!

We were all wet and cold after watching the amazing finish...so we came home and everyone had hot chocolate (with marshmallows) and toast! We just really needed to warm up.

Because it was raining Brino didn't have a project to do.
I have lots of projects, inside and out.
Because it was raining Brino really couldn't go outside to play. And he went bowling just last week. And it costs money to go to the movies as well.

So, Brino came over and "played" with one of my projects. He learned why we all refer to our home as "the house that Malcolm built". Hiker came in and said, "Gee, that looks like fun, can I help?", he also learned about "the house that Malcolm built". And Chaser grumbled about the parts for his tracker and being able to get them off, then having the wrong parts and good golly what else could go wrong? Occasionally, he would stick his head in and provide "technical" support. All in all I really can't complain, two trips to Scholzen's Plumbing and six trips to Ace. Not bad for a "house that Malcolm built" repair.

Then, because it was still raining I fixed dinner...
Actually, I didn't because I was driving circles for "the house that Malcolm built", I started dinner, homemade rolls
(Thanks Air and Marlo for shaping them and watching them and baking them) and they even made cinnamon rolls as well!
I also started homemade chicken noodle soup, with homemade noodles, of course (Thanks Air and Marlo and Brice for rolling them and cutting them and stirring them). Consequently, the dinner I started was turned over to Air and Marlo to finish (in reality cook). And everyone ate and enjoyed soup and rolls and yummy cinnamon rolls for dessert.

After all, it was raining.

So now, we are one step closer, I want to paint the ceiling...but I am pretty sure I will be in the way.

2 comments:

  1. well dang. if I would have known dinner would have been included with the day, I would have made Ty stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty seemed to be a man on a mission, marathon... check, hot chocolate....check. I had said I would make chicken noodle soup when we were together at hot chocolate time, but he was "checking" things off of his internal list. Then Brian and Tyler really went to work in the bath and "everyone" was there so I needed to feed them. Next time, April. And there are left overs in the fridge. Enough for your family....Welcome to them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers