I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Goatlets

About a month ago
I started watching a grassy, tree shaded field with a couple of goats in it.
One of the goats loved to stand on top of an old wire round in the middle of the field, somehow the round moved around the field quite a bit. I wondered if the goat moved it or if someone else did.
As I was watching the old Billy on his high horse I noticed the other goat was becoming a very pregnant Nanny.
Then, every time I went by the field I was looking for Billy
and wondering if Nanny had hatched yet.
She just got bigger and bigger and bigger.
I was beginning to feel very sorry for her. She was three times as wide, you could honestly put a goat on each side of what she was normally. She was walking as if it was such an effort. If goats waddled, she was waddling. She would waddle around the field like a due any day mother yet,
she still wasn't hatching and she honestly looked like she should "pop".
Whenever I went out I would make it a point to deliberately drive by to check on the goats. She was usually resting under the pecan trees. And man, she still was very pregnant.
About 2 weeks ago (while I was distracted with family) she had the "goatlets" (what Hoperdoo calls them, I know they are kids). This Nanny is a very productive Nanny, she had not one or even two, she had three!!!
A triplet set of goatlets.

The goatlets are snowy white and have the cutest brown floppy ears. They run and jump and hop and bounce all around the field. The goatlets are now walking the "plank" to get to the top of a perch built for them. Just like their parents do!
I have been thinking of a pix for you to see, but they never seem to be in the same place together. However, I will keep trying!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I will have to take the kids by and see them sometimes. I use to stop at a field in La Verkin almost everyday so Madi could go see the baby goats.

    p.s. Your lunch with Ty makes me jealous. :) I don't think I have been anywhere with him without his phone, and that includes vacations. Thats why we love Kolob. No service. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it was planned or not, no phone. But, I really enjoyed the one on one time. There truly are times when I want to collect everyone's cell phone, computer, music, everything the moment they walk in the door. Turn off the TV and take the phone off of the hook. Most of the time I feel as if they're here, but not with us.

    ReplyDelete

Followers