I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Family Picture Crack Up


Recently, I was perusing a friend's "blog".
She was posting her new family photos. Oh, they were great, great fun.
These pixs definitely made me think of our last family shoot.
At our last family shoot....
one child was poking the one next to them,
another was snuggling her favorite stuffed toy,
one was unhappy and frowning...
A few were looking right into the camera!

But this is what really cracks me up...
The photographer has everyone positioned,
everyone right where they need to be,
the camera adjusted and set just so...
all that is left is getting everyone looking at, near, or toward the camera with a reasonably pleasant expression on their face.
Right?

Wrong.
Not in my family pictures....
for some reason at the point of looking at, near, or toward the camera
all of the "non-children" decide it is their job to interest all of the "children" in looking at, near, or toward the camera.
Hence, the children are all confused as to who they should be listening to, following, or even looking at...
the assorted "non-children" will be looking at a child,
pointing a finger,
talking to someone,
or my favorite...all of the above.
So.... in my family pictures, some of the children are doing exactly what they should (looking at the camera, pleasant expression),
most of the "non-children" are busy confusing everyone else about what they are supposed to be doing.

A typical pix of my family would be everyone positioned just so (or close to),
the camera adjusted,
and everyone does just what they think they should do....
everyone will be chatting with one another,
telling jokes
and teasing with no regard to the fact a pix is even being taken.

So my suggestion to my family....
take care of yourself when it is time,
don't say a word to the "children" about the pix,
and let only one,
that's right just one person
be in charge of saying,

"Okay, now everyone look at me and smile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers