I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Diaper Bags

Recently, I have been making diaper bags.
Kater was promised one for her new little one and she discovered a fabric set she liked in the random "pit" of my sewing room. So off to make her diaper bag and a special blessing dress for little Emma. Both turned out rather nice.
The dress was kind of "flat", but after looking at it for a week...I decided what it needed and fixed it. Now, instant cute. And very pretty and elegant.
Pix sometime...
I have a cousin who has asked for a diaper bag, but I haven't quite gotten the pattern/fabric/style just right.
I have reworked my basic pattern.
The insides are very neat.
One side has two oversized elastic topped pockets which are rather deep,
the other side has three elastic topped pockets which are
a bit shorter and perfect.
Behind these three pockets is a zipper pocket for important stuff.
On one end is two sets of card pockets which can work for cards, band-aids, thermometers, tube of desitin, etc.
The other end has a pleated cell phone pocket and a deeper stitched pocket for pens/pencils.
All in all, the bags are turning out nicely. I am currently working on a coordinating changing pad for each and a diaper wipe container which also matches.
Sooooo, sometime soon I should be listing 5 diaper bags.
Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. These turned out adorable! Thanks again! I can't wait to use them:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers