I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Friday, July 1, 2011

the "project" continues

I just realized no one has had an update on "the project" for a while.
The bath is now functioning.
The TP is even stored in there now...
Waiting on Chaser to finish up the trim around the door, under the cabinet.
Ticklebug came over and finished up the electrical, new lights, new fart fan...yipee.
Cliff and Marlo hung all the towel bars and hooks and things the other day as well as hanging up the shower curtain with "new" hooks.
Brino set the toilet in place.
Cliff finished the grout and sealed it.
Midge put away most of the bathroom stuff with some storage items as well.
Brino ripped out the next shower surround and repaired the original problem...
kind of a funny, the overflow drain needed a cover, that was where all of the water was coming from...bizarre.
So the bathroom still needs...touch up paint around the tile,
fresh caulk around the tub, maybe new handles/head for the shower, an additional wax ring for the toilet (it rocks), and paint for the things Chaser finishes.
The bath looks fantastic, amazing what a change it is!

Now then, when Brino "repaired" the tub, he pulled out the ever so fantastic formica shroud from the master bath, Midge and I have been plugging away a tiny bit a day trying to get the rest of the shower/cabinet/storage/laundry drawer out of there. I have several battle wounds to show for this endeavor and so does Midge. I have discovered I no longer have brawn. Makes me grumpy. Midge doesn't have enough weight behind her to do what is needed either. Last night, after I whined about battle scars, lack of brawn, and plans...Hubby sneaked upstairs and finished the ripping out project for me.
(I am sure he has an ulterior motive, like being able to shower in his shower.)
We now have a huge space, virtual as well as visual. So many things to now think about. However, I now feel as if we can move on. After we make different plans, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers