I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Here we are again gathering up the trash...
have you ever really evaluated how much "trash" we can generate?
Marlo says to me,
"In Alaska everything has to fit into one can with the lid shut",
imagine squishing our trash into just one can...
some weeks this would be easy, other weeks it would be
"Holy Cow, you're kidding me".
This is one of those weeks, the cans are already overfilled and
there is still trash to be found
(this is what happens when the cans only go out, not the inside stuff from the week before).
So here we are stuffing and squishing
and shoving and stacking
and praying a big wind or big dog does not come by.
Hubby was determined the cans would be "at the road" and he must have taken them there early this morning.
Midge is already doing her weekly, self-appointed chore of gathering...everything she can find which needs to be at the road.
Have you ever noticed other people's trash?
You can tell if they eat out,
if they are cleaning out rooms,
if they had company,
if they haven't been home much,
what they like to drink,
if they have a dog or a cat,
if they are remodeling/redecorating,
if it was someone's birthday.
The list goes on and on about what you can learn by just looking at someone's trash and they can learn from yours.
Imagine archeologists eons from now...
"gee, I wonder what this was used for?"
in reference to a wooden spoon which is broken...
Anyway, just thought someone might like to know,
it's kind of a "trashy" day here today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers