I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ric rac and ribbon and lace


Sounds extremely girly...and it is.
I need. Hard to believe when you walk into my "sewing" room, but...
I have used almost all of my bolt lace, I have depleted my large yardage supplies, I have gone into panic mode. What will I do if I don't have any lace? I know Gunne Sax dresses will be coming back into style and I need to be prepared.
Needless to say, I have been searching and searching. I even talked to Roar about perhaps picking some up for me next time he is in China (desperate I know, can you imagine Roar lace shopping?)
Finally, someone on Ebay knew I was going to be in a bind and listed lace at a price I could tolerate. Yippee!! Now, if I can win the auction and the shipping doesn't kill me...I will be all set for the next round of pink flannel (if there is one) and Gunne Sax when that happens.
And Ric Rac, I just love the way ric rac looks, but I'll be danged if I can afford to stick everywhere I want to. More searching...I may have found a supplier, I placed an order and it should be here before the end of the week. Keep you fingers crossed...I want it to be perfect and I am hoping it is exactly what I want it to be. If so, I will be in Ric Rac Heaven. Meaning, I will be putting ric rac on everything. (I ordered several colors.)
And ribbon? Yes, ribbon. I know I have a huge bag of ribbon hanging on the hook and another interesting group hanging on the wall and an additional odds and ends bag which seems to be endless, however, when it comes to yardage there just isn't enough. Little projects, sure. But not big ones.
And I found a supplier for gimp. Very exciting to find this, possibilities. Gimp just kills me with how pricey it is, this supplier may be the solution. Keep you fingers crossed. It is getting to be Christmas time and you all know how I love to sew for the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers