I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

humanitarian projects...

Recently I attended a fireside featuring a woman from South Africa. She spoke of her experiences as a child, as a refugee, as a survivor, and of her strength she gathers from her Scriptures.
I was amazed at her story. I am fascinated by her ability to take very negative, terrible things and apply a positive outlook to them. She has the ability to take every thing we would say, "woe is me to" and apply a scripture and a learning experience from it. Blessings are what she finds in every tragedy in her life. She has an amazingly positive outlook on life, and a happy attitude.
She talked of receiving a hygiene kit and using it for 3 weeks with 20 other women to help their lives. Hard for me to imagine two bars of soap, two hand towels, four toothbrushes, two combs, a tube of toothpaste all in a plastic bag being used for 3 weeks. Something even more amazing...ten years later she still carries this bag and its remaining treasures with her.
I am being blessed to have the opportunity to help assemble some of these kits on Saturday. I have been excited and thrilled to be able to help prepare for this event. So now, on to finishing towels for Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers