I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Thunder and Lightning


Finally, after several days of a promising 30% chance of rain (as in 30 days out of 100 when it looked like this we could get rain).
We got rain!
Yippee, Skippee!!!
Rain...
A wonderful downpour.
A lovely lightning show.
Fantastic crash, bang, thunder.
Loud, amazing thunder.
It started yesterday afternoon.
I went and sat in the swing till my blanket was soaked.
I watched the rain as it changed from a drop,
to a light sprinkle, to a thundering explosion of sound.
I love the rain.
I love thunderstorms.
I love the smell, the sound, the chill.
Thunderstorms have got to be one of my favorites.
Sometimes, when it rains I make cinnamon rolls. Not yet though, I am still enjoying the rain.
I think it would be fantastic if it could just drizzle all week. Or give me a great big downpour a couple of times a day. And, if I am really wishing....
a fantastic lightning show after dark could be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers