I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Frog woke me up


A frog woke me up.

How could this be?

I was all asleep and snuggle-y and warm in my bed. My toes were toasty and my ear was covered "just so". Perfection.
Who could ask for anything more.

"Grrrrriiiiibbbbiiit", I heard.
"Was nothing", I said to myself.

"Grribbiit, grribbiiit", I heard it again, "was something", I then said to myself.
So, I lay there in my warm, toasty bed with my ear covered "just so"
and listened...
and listened.... and listened just a bit more.

"Grrrriiiiibbbbiiiiiitt", I heard it again. And this time it was louder.
Much louder than before.

So I wondered "where is this frog at?"
as I wondered I listened and then....I heard it again.

Very, very quietly this time,
just a tiny little noise,
not quite a full grriiibbbitt, but a griiiibbbitt just the same.

So I wiggled a bit, and snuggled in deeper and thought maybe I had dreamed it. That grrriiibbbittting frog in my bed.
But then, I heard it again,

"GGGGGRRRRRIiiiiiibbbbbiiiittttt, gggrrrrrriiiibbbbiiiittttt, gggrrrriiiibbbbbiiiiitttt" oh my goodness "where is that frog in my bed?" I thought to myself.

Then, I uncovered my "just so" ear and kind of listened real hard.
And I waited a few minutes, listening, and waiting.
And then, ggrrriiibbbiiiit, that frog was in my bed!

In my bed right beside me!
Oh my goodness, who had put a frog in my bed?

And then, I heard that silly frog again, and as my ear was uncovered and I was a bit more awake
I found that frog which was sleeping in my bed.

"Papa's Tummy!" I smiled to myself.
And I just wonder,

"Did you know Papa's tummy had a frog in it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers