I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sighhhh---serger woes

Kaaa---thunk.
Yep, that was the sound. And the end of my serger for the time being.
Kaaa---thunk was the sound of my lower looper breaking in half. The looper was a piece of metal, it has had a long life--25 years or so, and has faithfully fulfilled its design purpose...but,
I am now again without a most needed sewing tool. My serger.
So, I have been looking on the internet, and as of yet, I haven't found a replacement.
I have found a replacement for the Kaaa---thunk piece, I even ordered it today. Sigh...
So now I will start harassing the post man, "Is my package here yet?"

Once it arrives, I may be clever enough to install the Kaaa---thunk piece, but I don't think I can cross enough fingers and toes for this one. To the shop, not so fun, I still get to pay the shop repair/replacement fees. However, I will have saved more than 75% on the parts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers