I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ducks...


So here I was driving home on our street,
the sun was setting,
I had just dropped Midge off at practice and
was thinking about things I needed to yet accomplish.
The glare on the windshield is to blame.
I truly did NOT see the family of ducks
which decided to cross the road at that moment in time.
But, it was too late. One of those ducks just did not look both ways,
didn't even slow down, just waddled out into the road
and right under my license plate.
He made a little thump and I felt real bad, I looked around to see if I could figure out who the family belonged to, but to no avail.
As I looked in my rear view mirror I saw a few feathers, but not many
and the duck was flapping his wings quite a bit.
My thoughts, "Maybe he will just have a head ache and is really all right?"
I don't know for sure. When I arrived home I looked at my license plate (that duck saw it up close and everything).
One, lone feather.
So, do you think I am a duck killer? I never saw the duck again.
And I have been truly pondering this duck, and my guilty conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers