I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's hear it for feathers


So speaking of feathers....
What to do about Midge's feathers. The dress she is copying (understand this actually means me) has a huge tail of feathers. And they are plush and thick and amazing. And even though the dress sparkles like a disco ball under thousands of spot lights it just isn't right if it doesn't have feathers.
I then began the feather search...Google once again. I found feathers, but what color did I want? I couldn't quite tell. And price...was okay I guess it would be alright to spend more on the feathers than everything else put together.
Save the day, thank you my friend, Marilyn!
She says to me how about pieces of tulle and net stitched in a long rope and then gathered and stitched again onto a base which happens to be the correct shape?
I truly had my doubts substituting tulle/net for feathers, but out of desperation and cost effectiveness I went ahead and gave it a whirl. Amazing, step back and take a look, feathers. Then, when I actually added a few feathers here and there, it truly was feathers. I wonder how many shows I have been to thinking it was all feathers and it wasn't...wonderful....amazing....fantastic....
So tell me, what do you think of my "feathers"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers