I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

early mornings...


I have come to the conclusion Midge really likes to play soccer.
This dedication has been demonstrated to me for the past 3 weeks as she has been getting up, dressed, and ready to go earlier than is needed. Before 5 a.m..I experience a tap on my door and a "hey Mom, I need a ride".
"ride to where" is what I think, but actually she wants a ride to soccer practice. With the field schedule and her coach's schedule 5:15 to 7:30 in the morning is when she is practicing. She comes home, does a quick rinse in the shower, and manages to look rather "cute" for the day at school and we tend to get her to school on time as well. Yahoo!!!
But really, early, early in the a.m. for practice? Is wonderful because it is cooler, it is dark, no one else is on the field, all are bleary eyed, and it is over for the day. I haven't quite adjusted to her being home after school yet; but I am sure that adjustment will come. She says afternoons will happen when their coach is unhappy with them.
Way to go Midge, I am proud of you and your dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers