I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feathers...

Recently I have been working on a formal/costume for Midge. She needed a 70ish dress for the fair float. Looking at formals from the 70's we discovered mostly Gunne Sax type dresses, perhaps you may remember...gauzy, cream, ruffles and tiny lace. I looked at Midge and she looked at me...I said, "not much wha bammm". She said,
"I can't wear that, that is awful". Essentially, yuck.
I actually remember Gunne Sax days, they were the "bomb". Oh you were so very lucky to have one for your dance. Not very many could afford them. There were even patterns so you could make your own...again nothing wha bammm about it. Always in very soft, very muted prints. After a chat with her director Midge informs me, "No. Like Diana Ross and the Supremes".
Google search and here she found "wha bammm".
Scoop rounded square neckline front and back, fitted essentially to the floor, thank goodness for slits or we would have to push her on a hand truck everywhere, lots and lots of sparkle, and.....feathers.
Thank goodness for Google, and Diana Ross, and the Supremes, and for feathers. With a smile, Midge says, "I can wear that".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers