I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Made it Better


Okay, Salsa...
I went to the cannery and helped bottle 158 cases of Salsa yesterday.
Now the shift supervisors said we completed 158,
but honestly, I think he just said that to keep me from asking any more questions (he was counting).
You know, make up a number and this lady will shut up.
So of those 158, 8 came home with me. A few for Chaser and one for Air.
I haven't heard from any other family about if they wanted some of my work or not. Also, I will be making a dry pack trip next week. So if you want, Tell me...


Now, on to make it better...a few days ago I was "grumpy", the home repair store had just made me mad. After canning the morning away... I went to the home repair store and "vented". I vented at the return clerk, she looked at me and asked,
"would you like to talk to a manager?"
"Yes!"
"Just a moment please, while I call a manager."
and just a moment later here came Josh, a manager, to make all things better.

I very calmly informed him I was unhappy and needed to vent for a few moments.
I explained I had been into his store several times,
had requested assistance almost every time (specifically in flooring),
and received assistance,
but never from someone who specialized in flooring.
He listened very politely and called his flooring manager over.
I explained again.
We then,
(Four of us, I think one was a bouncer disguised as an employee) went over to flooring where we discussed different things about thinset.
I showed the flooring manager what I had purchased,
she asked,"did you buy the additive?"

"of course not, it doesn't say on the label I have to purchase the additive, it says, 'for a stronger bond'" I replied.

All four of us looked at the package.
I was right, she said to me,
"Everyone buys the additive, except the pros who only need to guarantee it for a year. If you don't use the additive is kind of crumbles up in about a year."
I was thinking, "Duh!"
She then looked at me like I was as dumb as a box of rocks.
I looked at her manager and said,
"Hmmmm, seems to me I would have known everyone buys additive if someone from the flooring department had been here when asked to assist me."
The manager gathered up a couple of bags of thinset (with the additive already mixed in) and
dumped them into my cart.
We also added a box of glass tile adhesive...(this one does not need additive).
They, all three of them, walked me up front, the store "comped" my purchase and then walked me to my car and loaded it for me apologizing all of the way
.
Wow, what customer service.
Too bad I didn't have it when I first asked for it.
The project would have been finished by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers