I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

the "project"--burial of the hideous light fixture


Chaser has been available the past few days and man is he meticulous. He measures and remeasures and levels, and then marks and nails and glues and putties ...and then, he sands. By hand he sanded, amazing. He dug around out in the back room for a bit and said, "this will work, it will look sweet". Me, I just have to have faith and trust. It looks like a wood cabinet to me. So, I now need a trip into Jones for a special kind of glaze/stain for the cabinets, while I am there I am supposed to get some more glides for the mirrors and some kind of special clips for the tops so they don't bang together. Maybe in a week or two, I will be able to paint. (Smile when you read that!) The hideous light fixture now resides in the trash! Chaser was brave about the electricity and pulled it down. We didn't even have a ceremonial burial for it. Just here, Hoperdoo, get rid of that...
End of an era...can't wait to see how it finishes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers