I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Best Birthday Ever!!!


How can anyone begin to describe the best birthday ever?
I can.
I can begin by saying,
"my children listened to what I said!"
this is wonderful and fantastic...makes me happy...
Someday, I may become perfect, but right now...I am sadly lacking.
My focus is rarely on my home...
meaning the things in it, not the people.
I am most always focused on "the people of my home".
When asked,
"what do you want for your birthday?"
I responded (as I have in years past)
"My house clean and tidy".
Usually, my family doesn't listen very well.
This year they did!
Gives me big, big smiles...
I made cheesecakes in the morning with Marlo's help,
then Mom and I went to George for some Mom/Daughter time. I had a bunch of fun. We went to Ross, the dollar store, and Costco (we were going to go to a very nice lunch, but we ran out of time). Whoop, Whoop. Ross, looking for what I wanted to look for...
Smiles again.
I came home wiped out and exhausted and HOT. The very first thing I noticed was the dratted flower bed had been weeded and raked and the Mother's Day Zinnias had been planted in it and
I know that took many hours (Hope has the burn to prove it, I haven't seen Air to see how she is).
And the front porch looked as if someone actually liked to be there.
Into the kitchen for a drink of water and every single counter was cleaned and scrubbed, smiles again, all of the dishes were put away.
When I reached into the freezer for a chunk of ice, there was all of this room in it...someone had cleaned it out and washed the shelves and organized and thrown out all of the gross nasty stuff that likes to hide in there, Thanks Kater, (yes, I noticed).
I slipped off my shoes, (they were new, thanks to my Hubby), and the floor was smooth, no crumblies on it anywhere.
I think Tink was responsible for the smooth, freshly mopped floors.
A sigh of pleasure at the cleaned and vacuumed and straightened front room. Into the bathroom 'cause when you gotta go you gotta go,
for the moment while I was there...obviously Marlo had been to work.
Scrubbed out and polished shower, stain free toilet, and gleaming sink. A smooth floor and a sparkling mirror. She does bathroom really, really well.
Upstairs and Downstairs tidied and vacuumed. Oh what a heavenly sight, the vacuumer had taken the time to use the "sword" and get around all of the edges. I could actually see where the laundry room is supposed to be and there was a huge pile of folded towels just finished from the dryer.
Someone was even brave enough to attempt to vacuum the "vintage" mustard green shag carpet in my room.
The trash had been taken out.
And, I am still discovering things my children did for me yesterday.
I also know an attempt was made to repair the cooler so I could have a cool home when I came home, but parts can be difficult to find.
Thanks for a wonderful surprise.
Making this one of the "best Birthdays ever" I have experienced.
A few minutes to cool down and relax and off to dinner with my Hubby and
a show I have very much been anticipating watching.
Lovely, lovely, lovely.
Oh, how much I love and appreciate my family and all they do for me.
Thank you so very much for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers