I am a closet blogger. This is a place where I share musings from my day, things I wonder about, things I feel strongly about or things I just feel like talking about. Also, this is where I share new things I have created.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cheesecakes!

















And can you believe it? The cheesecakes are finished, delivered and mostly cleaned up from. The last time I did a big batch of cheesecakes (50), I had myself, Air, Marlo, Cliff, Hubby, Hoperdoo, and many others helping in the kitchen, we started early and barely finished in time.
Needless to say, I was a bit worried about the time factor this time as well. However, I also know this is my project so I need to deal with it. I asked Marlo to help me ahead of time (thank goodness I was that smart), and then Air offered to step in and aid in the process as well. When Tink and Hoperdoo
came home a bit later in the morning, they also pitched in and helped as well.
It wa
s great not having to transport and they all turned out well. They definitely need to be kept cold, but they were pretty. We really got started about 7:30 and finished up sort of around 12:30. We learned to juggle the cakes coming out of the freezer a bit better, but they did look cool placed clear across the hearth side by side and two deep; Marlo is a "pro" at cutting and has a very smooth rhythm; I can was dishes and did two or three times; Air is wonderful at spinning the cakes while they are being topped, she is real smooth, she is fantastic at making cool name tags as well; Hoperdoo is the queen of the microwave, she rocks at stirring and melting; Tink can definitely stir a pan for at least 20 minutes and not let anything burn (thank goodness) and she did so more than once; and blessed be the Hubby who allowed Briceman to be his little shadow all morning, including the DQ visit.
It also was wonderful to spend the time with the "girls" and we did really finish things quickly, 40 cakes. Done. Finished. Gone.
Thanks for all of the help and support and please let your tummy grumble when you check out all of these pix!

2 comments:

  1. And I am great at tasting them! :). I would have loved to help but had a little boy not feeling well again. Do you have a great recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake? The strawberrry and peaches and cream one look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very yummy pumpkin cheesecake recipe and the peaches and cream used to be my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers